1. Board a train/flight to Delhi. Catch a bus from Delhi bus stop to Mcleodganj/Dharamshala. The bus stop is at a distance of 30 mins from airport.
The last bus leaves at 6:00 PM. It’s an overnight journey (12 hours) to Mcleodganj.
2. You will reach Dharamshala by morning. Mcleodganj is a market of Dharamshala which is at a distance of 5km. Take a rest for the day at either Dharamshala or Mcleodganj.
3. The trek starts from Mcleodganj.
Maximum Altitude: 3300 M
Total trekking distance: 28kms
4. Start ascending upwards after a walk of 50 mins, you’ll spot local vendor shop at the foot of triund. Book yourself for a tent at the mountaintop for an overnight stay. You can also book sleeping bags at the base if you’re not carrying one of your own. As the temperature drops considerably low at night it’s advised to either carry or book a sleeping bag at the base.
5. Start ascending upwards. It will take around 6-7 hours to reach the mountaintop. Take mini-breaks in between the view at all the point is mesmerizing. There are many local shops to savor a snack in between while ascending up. You’ll reach the camp area by 5. Enjoy the evening tea and explore the place.
6. Next day, wake up early in the morning as the view from Triund is magnificent. Take a deep breath and absorb the view of mighty Dhauladhar ranges. After breakfast, start trek to Laka Pass(optional)-from this point you can even descend back to Mcleodganj. If you want to continue then it will take around 2 to 3 hours to reach Laka. The first milestone is Snowline Cafe, which is around 2 km from Triund and then comes Laka, which is around 3 km further from snowline. So total it’s around 5km to reach snowline. The route to Snowline is mostly uphill and from snowline to Laka Pass consists of flat plains and downhill. After spending some time at Laka, start descending back to Mcleodganj. It will take 4-5 Hours to reach base. Expect to reach Mcleodganj by 6 PM. You may plan your return accordingly.
If you like the post then do follow us on Instagram and Facebook. DM on Instagram if you need any future details.